Considering the COVID-19 outbreak is it safe to travel?
If you are traveling you need to avoid Wuhan and the surrounding area. Traveling to China increases your risk of crossing paths with someone that may have come in contact with someone who has been in contact with someone from that area either first hand or second hand.
Remember airports are hubs for travelers and can be a hub for germs too. Be cautious and be alert of your surroundings and those that are in your personal space.
CDC recommends travelers avoid all nonessential travel to China at this time. In addition, the US Department of State is asking people to not travel to China due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The travel recommendation and advisory are only for mainland China and do not apply to Hong Kong, Macau, or the island of Taiwan.at this time.
The World Health Organization advises to take standard precautions if traveling:
- Avoid travel if you have a fever or cough.
- If you have a fever or cough seek medical attention before you travel.
- If you return from your travels with a fever or cough seek medical attention.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever or a cough.
- Clean hands frequently with soap and water or a good quality sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- If coughing or sneezing do so into your arm, or use a tissue and discard it immediately. Wash or sanitize hands immediately.
- A face mask can be effective in spreading your germs to others if you are coughing or sneezing but it is not confirmed that it will eliminate your chance of getting germs. Do not touch a mask once you have it in place. Discard the mask once you remove it and wash your hands immediately.
- If you start to feel ill while traveling alert the crew immediately and they will help you take precautions. Alert them of any of your recent travel history with them and all medical personnel.
- While traveling, eat only well-cooked food, avoid spitting in public and avoid contact with animals that may be sick.
Roxton's official statement on the COVID-19 can be found at the link below:
With the mass amounts of misinformation being spread about the coronavirus, please, do not believe just anything you read. Check the source to ensure their credibility, where the information is coming from, and do further research. The WHO and CDC are the best places to gather factual information. This is where Roxton Industries gets our constantly updated information, along with reputable and credible news sources. Follow the link below to read where we got our information from!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.