How can I Manage the Germs and Bacteria in my Company’s Workspace?
In last week's blog we identified some of the problem areas germs lurk in the office and can cause your employees to lose productivity and even miss work. This week lets look at what you can do:
- Discourage employees from eating at their desks. A proper lunch area that has been cleaned and disinfected with disinfectant wipes before and after an employee eats is a great step in reducing the spread of germs. A short break away from their desk can also help recharge the brain and increase productivity.
- If they insist in eating or snacking at their desks do not allow food to be disposed at a desk trash bin.
- NO personal hygiene at the desks (flossing, nail clipping, brushing teeth, brushing hair, etc.)
- When drinking coffee or other refreshments use "spill proof" drink containers. This will not only create less transfer it may save a keyboard or two.
- Wipe phones and cell phones with disinfectant wipes on a daily basis.
- Wipe keyboards, mice, trackballs, staplers, calculators and any other desktop equipment with a good disinfectant wipe daily.
- Wipe doorknobs and work surfaces with disinfectant wipes on a regular basis and step it up during cold-and-flu season.
- Remove items (clutter) that impede or hinder the ability of the janitorial crew to clean adequately
- Wash hands after using the restroom and for as long as it takes to sing "Happy Birthday"
- Wash your hands.
- Report dust buildup on heating and cooling vents, a signal that the system is dirty and needs cleaning.
Next week we will discuss the lunchroom.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.