DIY Wipe Recipe: Makeup Remover Facial Wipes
- On June 30, 2021
Cleansing facial wipes are the most conventional method for removing your makeup after a long day. Plus, they are portable and compact which makes them a number one choice for many. However, store-bought facial wipes can be quite expensive. Not only that, but most wipes contain chemical preservatives and other unnatural, hormone disrupting ingredients that can be harmful to your skin.
As an alternative, making your own DIY facial cleansing or makeup removing wipes at home is a cost-effective and easy way to know exactly what you are putting on your skin. If you have sensitive skin or specific concerns, you can customize your wipes to suit your individual needs.
We recommend pairing your homemade cleansing solution with Roxton’s DIY Wipe canister. These dry wipes are made from quality 40 GSM spunlace non-woven fabric, meaning they are extremely absorbent and strong, while still maintaining a soft feel. They are 5.9” x 7.1” in size which means you will have plenty of space to remove a full face of makeup. With this product, you will be able to reap all the benefits of creating your own, personalized cleansing solution, while having the highest quality of wipe to apply it with.
Roxton’s DIY Wipes are also much more cost effective than purchasing store-bought cleansing wipes. They are available for purchase as a bundle of four 160 count canisters, which add up to only $5 per canister of 160 wipes, whereas conventional cleansing wipes typically contain only 20-30 wipes and can cost over double the price.
In this article we will share a cleansing wipe recipe that will remove your makeup and leave your skin feeling fresh. We will also share some tips for customizing your wipe solution to suit your skincare needs.
- 3 cups distilled water
- 1 1/2 tbsp castile soap
- 3 tbsp fractionated coconut oil (or your favourite skin-cleansing oil)
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure aloe vera
- 4 tbsp pure witch hazel extract
- Optional: 20 drops of other oils and essential oils (see below)
- 1 Canister of Roxton DIY Wipes
To customize your wipes according to your skin needs, here are some recommendations:
- Vitamin e oil – anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties
- Lavender essential oil – anti-inflammatory, reduces redness, natural hydrator
- Tea tree oil – antiseptic, helps fight bacteria and inflammation making it ideal for acne-prone skin
For more information about essential oils and their benefits in relation to skin type, see: https://www.healthline.com/health/essential-oils-for-skin
- In a separate container, combine water, soap, oil, aloe vera, witch hazel, and optional essential oils together
- Pour solution into DIY Wipe Canister
- Install lid tightly onto container and allow to soak until substrate is saturated with solution
- Use as needed for facial cleansing and makeup removing!
Increase or decrease recipe in proportion depending upon desired saturation.
When making your own DIY wipes and especially if you are making multiple recipes, you should always remember to label your containers to know what ingredients are inside. Roxton’s DIY Dry Wipes are available for purchase of one 160 count container or a bundle of four 160 count containers.