Five Places Germs Linger in Your Office:
- Posted by Jamie Pritchard
- On October 23, 2019
- 1 Comments
- antibacterial, Bacteria, cleaningproducts, disinfect, Germs, Illness, Lunchroom, Lysol, Office, research, Sick, Sickness, Work, Workplace
Germs are every where, that is inevitable. But if you learn where they hide then you can properly deal with them. We’ve pulled together a list of the most bacteria infested hot spots in the office so you can better disinfect your office and keep it germ free!
- A study done by a Doctor at the University of Arizona found that there were up to 25000 organisms living on the surfaces we use daily at our offices.
- Phones, mice, keyboards, pens, and more are commonly touched places so clean these often!
- Fridges contain lots of food, are opened by many people.
- 48% of microwave handles are contaminated with bacteria.
- Dishwashers are filled by people who have just eaten. Did they wash their hands before grabbing the handle?
- How often do you actually wash your water bottle? Bacteria can grow in water.
- 60% of bacteria in a refillable water bottle can be potentially harmful.
- If possible, use a dishwasher to clean your mug!
- A Study done by Rentokil Initial showed 1 out of 4 people in an office do not wash their hands properly after using the bathroom!
- The Flu virus can live up to 24 hours on door handles.
- The average photocopier/print station is touched 300 times per day.
- 1,200,013 CFU on the start button alone.
- Proper hand washing can reduce how much bacteria lives on photocopiers.