Top 6 Things You Should Be Disinfecting At Your Salon
- On May 20, 2020
With salons getting the green light to begin reopening, it is very important that precautions are taken to continue to help reduce the spread of COVID19 and other harmful bacteria. We have created a top-six list of things you should be wiping down every day at your salon to help you.
- Door Handles – Every door handle that a customer or employee will come into contact with needs to be disinfected several times a day.
- Chairs – Chairs that your customers will be sitting on that need to be disinfected before and after every use.
- Razors/Clippers – Even though your employees will be wearing gloves, it is important that all razors and clippers are disinfected after every use.
- Remotes –Any remotes that customers or employees can use need to be disinfected before and after every single use.
- Mirrors – Your mirrors should be disinfected after every customer change.
- Work Space – The space where you work and keep all of your equipment needs to be disinfected before and after every time it is used.
*ALL touchable surfaces in a salon should be disinfected before leaving*
If P.P.E. is available, which we recommend, it is important that your staff is using their P.P.E. properly. Masks and face shields should be worn properly if necessary, and hand sanitizer should be used when entering and leaving an area, and whenever else necessary.