Top 5 Things You Should Be Disinfecting At Restaurants
- On May 20, 2020
The Four Recoveries
With restaurants reopening now, it’s almost a certainty these businesses will experience higher volumes of customers. Because of this, it is more important than ever that items or places that are germ-infested be carefully monitored and routinely disinfected for their safety. And in this sort of environment, there are many to be mindful of.
During these times, it is vital that precautions are taken to reduce the spread of COVID19 and other harmful bacteria to preserve the safety of your patrons and your staff. And the team at Roxton Industries is more than happy to give you some pointers.
Here’s a list of five things you should be wiping down and sanitizing on a daily or more frequent basis to help you curb the Covid-19 spread in restaurants.
- The Menu – This is often overlooked by many, but is one of the most touched items in any restaurant, being held by virtually everybody that dines at your restaurant. Every page may be touched constantly so a thorough cleaning job is required. Disinfecting these after every use is an easy and essential practice for restaurants that can keep every one of your patrons and workers safe.
- The Ketchup Bottle – Very much like the menu, the ketchup bottle is touched many times and often is not wiped down enough. This item comes into contact with countless customers in your restaurants and thus, is a major germ hotspot to consider. Disinfecting this frequently would be a sound idea!
- Chairs/Booths – Places where customers are seated, like booths, tables and every dining chair, are high-touch and germ-infested surfaces, especially if they are crowded with patrons. This may seem like an obvious touchpoint to watch out for but it can be overlooked during rush hours. These areas should always have a very high level of routine disinfection in order to keep your restaurant’s clientele safe every sitting.
- Door Handles – Whether it’s the bathroom, the front door, or the door to the kitchen, all of the handles can be a germ hotspot as likely everyone going through one of them uses it. While hand sanitizer could reduce the spread of germs here, cleaning it after every use would be recommended. Using a disinfecting wipe, spray or another disinfecting method would be highly advisable practice anytime one of them is used.
- Tablets/Phones/Payment Devices – For restaurants that have their workers using tablets or phones to place orders, calculate costs or communicate with delivery services, remember that these can be some of the biggest germ hotspots in your building. They are touchscreens, after all! Therefore, they should be constantly wiped down.
While disinfecting all these areas is highly recommended and sound practice, these are not the only things to consider. It is important your staff use PPE properly if it is available in your restaurant. Protective masks and face shields should be worn properly if necessary and are paramount in helping to reduce the spread of Covid-19, as we’ve seen over the last two years!
Hand sanitizer should be also used by anyone either entering and leaving an area, and whenever else necessary. We have seen how effective this has been over the past few years, so using this would be a strong recommendation! For both staff and patrons!
This along with everything described above are the routine disinfection practices you should exercise at your restaurants on a frequent basis. Doing so will help ensure every customer has a great and safe dining experience!
Visit our website so we can help YOU start disinfecting your space RIGHT NOW.